A Creative and Informative Getaway for the Garden Enthusiast
Experience the beauty of the summer season at this year’s June Garden Workshop. Gardens surrounding the Octagon House provide an inspirational backdrop to learn and create! Gather ideas and information, learn techniques, and create garden-related accessories for yourself or as gifts. Enjoy overnight accommodations or register for the without-lodging workshop package.
Friday Evening & Saturday June 21 – 22, 2018
Topics & Projects
- Water Plants ~ learn about selecting and growing various water plants with ideas/examples shared for creative small container ponds for tabletop, patio or corner of deck, or as garden accents tucked amidst your landscape
- Ornamental Grasses ~ discussion and a look at ideas for incorporating them in your landscape or growing them in containers and using them as outdoor accents
- Octagon House Gardens & Landscaping ~ a guided tour of changes completed, as well as those in the works, with time for general questions and idea sharing about gardens and landscaping
- Crafting Garden-Themed Art for home and garden accents ~ create a kokedama (a moss ball on which an ornamental plant grows – can be hung or placed on a stand), a simply put together flower arrangement along with ideas for prettying up your containers and additional projects still in the works, to be announced soon
- Ideas for your Porch or Outdoor Entertaining ~ shared at meal times
- Steve Danielson ~ Landscape designer and installer, constructed all the landscaping that surrounds the Octagon House today. His creative landscape style incorporates integrated gardens with the beauty and ambience of water features including fountains, ponds and streams. His home gardens and pond in Maplewood have been featured twice on the Minnesota Water Garden Society tour.
- Nancy Wilhelmson ~ See “About the Octagon House Proprietress”