This retreat focused on two decorating themes:
- Naturals: Give a chic sophisticated or country look to your decor using “Naturals” including greens, pine cones, feathers, dried materials, fruit & more.
- Glitz & Glam: Dress up your holiday decor with objects that sparkle and shimmer. Glamorize with sequins, beads, glitter & more.
Ideas, Demonstrations, & Projects
- Victorian to Country-styled Ornaments: Ornament ideas were shared.
- Perfectly Wrapped: Examples of unique gift wraps and creative embellishments ; bow-making was demonstrated.
- Fanciful Gift Tags: Lots of ideas and techniques for gift tags to personalize holiday packages.
- Decorating Windows, Doorways, Banister, Mantels, & Light Fixtures: Techniques for using garlands, creating eye-catching mantels and embellishing windows, light fixtures and more.
- The Dressed Table: Table settings for sit down meals or buffets.
- Steve Danielson, Landscape Designer for both residential and commercial properties, adds his design talents to creating Holiday decor both inside and outside.
- Victoria Reuter, owner of Crescendo Creative is a graphic designer, and event planner.
- Nancy (Nan) Wilhelmson, proprietress of the Octagon House, is a sewer and crafter and has taught many classes and workshops.